Absolute clarity about the roles your consultancy will need in three years’ time means you can align your short-term decisions with long-term goals. A target organisation design will give you that clarity.
Consulting businesses tend to grow organically and shape themselves around the skills and resources immediately available. It’s a short-sighted approach that produces short-term results.
Working with you, we’ll create a target organisation design that will futureproof your business. Then we’ll help you make the transition to that structure through your day-to-day decisions.
- What is the right mix of permanent staff and associates?
- What grade structure do you need in your consulting team?
- What is the optimum split between back office and client-facing teams?
- What level of utilisation can you expect by role?
- Should everyone carry a sales target?
- What are the KPI’s by role?
- How do you balance individual and team accountabilities?
- Does everyone in your team understand their responsibilities or is there overlap between roles?
- How do you approach defining new roles within your business?
- Do your consultants know what they need to do to progress within your business?
- Do you have the support structure in place to enable them to achieve this?
- Do you have a framework that enables you to identify high performers and/or those that are not achieving?
- What does good really look like?
Role Definition and Capability Framework Design
- Leadership development consultancy
- 4 employees
- £1m revenue
- Legacy associate model with no career development framework or defined grade structure.
- Drive to build the permanent consulting team to accelerate business growth.
- Challenge of attracting great candidates to an unknown brand.
The New Minds Solution
- Definition of core roles with job description and candidate specification for each position.
- Creation of a capability framework for each consulting grade, with aligned kpis.
- Market insight to ensure opportunities are competitive and compelling to external candidates.
- Internal and external candidates assessed against clearly defined criteria and recruited within the grade structure.
- Permanent hiring on track to meet growth targets.
OK, I’m interested. What do I do now?
Perhaps you are thinking about what your organisation structure needs to look like in 12 or 24 months, or maybe you are struggling to hire a key member of your team and need some advice.
Whatever you need, we’ll do our best to help.